Three years ago Europe saw up close the ugly face of violent #xenophobia & #racism. Let´s honor the victims of the Utoya massacre by say NO to #hatecrimes & #hatespeech. Please sign the petition to make July 22 the European Day for Victims of Hate Crimes. This initiative is promoted by No Hate Speech Movement in which Pro Igual Participates. Click here to read more.
The No Hate Speech Movement, in which Pro Igual participates, invites you to join the online and offline actions to commemorate the European Day for the Victims of Hate Crime on July 22. To remind, support and show solidarity with all those people that have suffered aggression because of their skin color, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, religion and many other characteristics. We will also educate and raise awareness about the consequences of hate speech and hate crime on our societies!
WHAT TO DO?
1. Organise a public action or an educational activity for 22nd July. Here is a guide of what you can do and how. Please post information to this Facebook event about your action!
Don’t forget to REPORT your action with photos and videos on the No Hate Speech Movement platform: http://
2. We are launching a petition to establish 22 July as the European Day for the Victims of Hate Crime. It will be ‘live’ only until 9 November, so get busy helping to achieve this task! The petition addresses all the members of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and the members of the European Parliament! http://
SIGN it! Get your organisation to sign it! Inform others about it!
Write to your representative/s in these European bodies on July 22nd and ask her/him/zee to sign it and support it publicly!
Here’s where you can find their contacts details:
Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe: http://assembly.coe.int/
European Parliament: http://
3. Do you know of a case of hate crime? It is important not to be silent about it. Submit a story to action@nohatespeechmovemen
4. Have you witnessed hate speech that incites violence online? Then report it on Hate Speech Watch here: http://
5. Take action online! Join this event on Facebook! ‘Like’ the Facebook page of the Movement! Invite your friends to do the same!
Share and post the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/